You cannot be a life-long learner if you are not curious.
If you've ever spent time with a child you know that their curiosity is almost endless. They will bombard you with question after question as they seek to understand the world around them. This is an incredible aspect of our human intellect that must be nurtured and encouraged into adulthood by teachers.
Too often we get so caught up in content and testing, that we lose sight of the bigger picture. We must actively encourage our students to never stop asking questions and pursuing the answers. We must find ways to encourage and inspire curiosity in our classrooms. We've created a few HyperDocs for students to explore the power of curiosity.
- Inquiry with Images - Getting Started New Your What's Going on in This Picture?
- Reboot the Noggin Episode 3 - Exploring Curiosity
We've also created a Staff Development HyperDoc based on the classroom Curiosity HyperDoc
- Explore Curiosity PD HyperDoc - Staff Development Exploration
- Curiosity - Resources and websites to support creative exploration and student choice.
- Activities - Activities and ideas connected to student choice and curiosity in the classroom.
- Explore - Books, videos, and websites connected to curiosity and inquiry.