Student Voice and Flipgrid - Resources and Tips

"Tech Gives the Quietest Student a Voice" - Jerry Blumengarten

Flipgrid has become a favorite resource in my classroom and school to engage students. We use Flipgrid in my classroom in a variety of ways, including:

  • Student Introductions
  • Online Discussions
  • Formative Assessment
  • Reflective learning
  • Persuasive TED Talks
  • Exit tickets
  • and more . . . 

This week we are sharing our love of Flipgrid with our Staff using a Lunch-n-Learn format. (Short sessions with lunch provided.) We have planned a brief introduction using Google Slides and Pear Deck and then plan to have staff respond to a topic to experience the student side of Flipgrid. (What is your favorite something?)

We need your help!

We've put together a Resource Document that we will share with staff after the presentation. The goal of the document is to connect staff to the incredible Flipgrid resources and ideas that my PLN has shared.

Can you take a look at the document and let us know if we are missing anything essential? What suggestions/resources would you include?


Thanks in advance for your help!


5 comments:

  1. I like Flipgrid, but I've heard a handful of folks say that Recap is a similar tool, but more robust. Do you have an opinion on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I used Recap quite a bit about a year ago and loved it. The one drawback was that students could not see / reply to each other's responses. (I think that might have changed recently?) I love the Flipgrid interface and the fact that I can have students respond to each other with videos. I am a bit rusty on Recap, so I apologize that I don't have a better comparison to offer.

      Delete
  2. I love it! Looks thorough and engaging.
    Our admin buck the use of student cameras. When and how are your students able to access video at school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are 1 to 1 with Chromebooks, so anything that is vetted and meets educational standards can be used with students. (We are a secondary school.)

      Delete

Popular Posts