12 Days of Techmas Day 5: The Noun Project

12 Days of Our Favorite Resources to Engage Learners

I always try to remember it’s not about the tech, it’s about how you use it. This being said, sometimes learning about a new tool or resource will open the door to bigger discussions about, creativity, pedagogy, and learning. Sometimes exploring a new EdTech resource can lead to some incredible learning experiences. 

Day 5 - The Noun Project

Yesterday, I shared Unsplash Photos, one of my favorite resources for finding incredible royalty free images. Today I will be sharing another great resource to support visual design.

The Noun Project is an incredible resource to add some visual flair to anything you create. My students and I regularly use the royalty-free icons in our presentations and digital sketchnotes. I also love to use specific icons in place of bullet points to organize the learning process in many of my HyperDocs
Creating, Sharing, and Celebrating the World's Visual Language Millions use Noun Project to simplify communication, across borders and around the world. 

The Noun Project also has an Add-on for both Google Slides and Google Docs.  Be sure to check out The Noun Project Blog, which is chocked full of great ideas and strategies to make the most of visual language. 

If you’ve used The Noun Project in your classroom, please share your story in the comments below. If you have questions or other ideas, the comments below are waiting for you to ask or share. 
(Links to Each Day's Resource as They Become Available)

I will share another resource tomorrow. We will not repeat any resources during this 12-day adventure. Not quite Groundhog Day, but you get the idea?
Image Source


I am a Science Teacher and Instructional Technology Coordinator at Neuqua Valley High School in Naperville, IL. I am a lifelong learner who is always looking for new ideas and challenges. 
Twitter: @WickedEdTech | Blog: Know Your Why | Website: WickEdEdTech

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts