Happy National Haiku Day - Haiku Resources to Creatively Engage Students


I am a huge fan of the Days of the Year Website and today I was excited to see that it is National Haiku Day. You can learn more about the day dedicated to these creative works in this post. I am writing this post to share my curious exploration of Haiku connected to reflective student engagement.


I am not much of a poet, but I love the idea of students using Haiku Poetry to creatively tell stories across grade levels and curricular areas. I've long used memes as a creative reflective tool, but I think I am going to explore Haiku as another reflective tool for my students. 

I was inspired to explore digital resources connected to Haiku and here is some of what I found. 
I also love the idea of creating graphics that feature Haiku. Here is one written by Stevie Gray that I created using Adobe Spark

What resources do you love that connected to Haiku?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts