Learning Should Be Fun - Take A Break to Play and Explore


My students and I always seem to struggle a bit in November and December to stay engaged in our learning experiences. I don't know if it the time change, the weather, or just plain old fatigue. I have to remind myself that we sometimes need a reminder that learning should be fun. For my classes, I usually bring in some brain breaks with a bit of content hidden somewhere.

Today, I wanted to share an activity that I am either going to do the day before or the day after our Thanksgiving break.

A link to to the activity is near the end of this post. I just wanted to share a few details before jumping to the activity. Feel free to copy, use, and or modify the activity if it something you think you could use.

Part 1 - Game Time

I am using a couple of Blooket game modes to play some games connected to our current unit. If you don't have access to Blooket you might explore QuizizzKahoot, or Gimkit.

My Blooket is connected to our Internal Dynamic Forces vocabulary, but there are quite a few free Blookets for any topic. You might even consider one that is just fun or something connected to Thanksgiving

Part 2 - Google Arts and Culture Play

Google Arts & Culture Play is a collection of interactive resources that includes games, digital crafts, music creation and so much more.  This is the main play space for my students during this activity. 

If you are new to Google Arts and Culture, be sure to check out our Google Arts & Culture Cheat Sheet

Part 3 - Google Arts and Culture - It’s a Wonderful World

It's a Wonderful World is an incredible collection of resources to explore our world. There are resources connected to specific countries, virtual tours, podcasts, adventures, museums tours, and so much more. 

Google Earth Voyager is another great resource that coult be added or substituted in here. If you are new to Google Earth, be sure to check out our Google Earth Cheat Sheet.

Part 4 - Google Easter Eggs

Just some pure random fun here. (Click on the paw) Turn up the sound!

Here is the activity. Let me know if you have questions or ideas. #HappyLearning

 

Earth Play - Exercise Your Brain


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts