NSTA 2015 Conference
The NSTA Conference is an incredible event filled with science teachers of every size, shape, and teaching style. The diversity and skills of the educators at this event cannot be truly described. Add to the incredible educators is the incredible Vendor Area. (Probably the biggest I've ever seen. I hauled out 3 bags of cool stuff. I was a bit conflicted as an Environmental Science Teacher.)
When it comes to environmental science, technology, and online resources for teachers I sometimes fall into a trap of forgetting how much I don't know. No worries about that at the NSTA a conference. I found many new inspirational questions.
- What can the Argo Buoys tell my students? How can I use the data to support learning and engage my students?
- What are the Next Generation Science Standards? How will they help my students "Change the Word" (Courtesy of Bill Nye!)
- How do we think like an expert without being an expert in the content? (We want students to learn to behave like experts. Not no it alls, but learners who solve problems like the experts.)
- What is 3 Dimensional Learning and how can I use it with my students?
- How did Bill Nye become and expert on taking selfies? (You had to be there!)
- How did I not know about so many of the incredible resources the vendors shared today? (I actually have 3 full tote bags for of some awesome learning swag! More to come tomorrow!)
- How can I use more formative assessment to support learning and improve my teaching?