Formative assessment, including diagnostic testing, is a range of formal and informal assessment procedures conducted by teachers during the learning process in order to modify teaching and learning activities to improve student attainment.Formative assessments are powerful learning checkpoints for teachers and students. The importance of these assessments has grown in parallel to the growth of student-centered learning in technology-rich classrooms.
Formative assessments must be part of the learning process and can be enhanced with a variety of different #EdTech resources. This post will introduce a variety of formative assessment tools. These tools are essential to help engage students in the learning process. Both teachers and students must use these assessments to evaluate their current understandings and more importantly where they need to go.
Many of these resources have activities & assessments that have already been created. These public assessments can be copied and modified. We recommend taking your time to explore and experiment with some of the public assessments in each of the resources below.
We've categorized our favorite formative assessment resources into several categories.
- Video Formative Assessment Tools
- Game Based Formative Assessment Tools
- Presentation Formative Assessment Tools
1. Explore the resources in our Formative Assessment Google Doc and choose one resource to create an assessment that could be used in your classroom or with teachers.
2. Share an assessment you created in the comments below or in this Google Form: