“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” – Thomas Henry Huxley
The best educators are not content to do the same old thing year after year. Innovative educators push their thinking by engaging in social media, exploring blogs, attending conferences, and exploring the newest generation of educational books. These resources connect educators to the incredible books my PLN explores to learn and grow as educators. We will do our best to update these resources as new books are recommended.
We've created a site to organize and share some great books connected to teaching and learning. The site connects teachers to recommended books in the categories below. We placed each recommended book in 1 category, but we realize that many of the books stretch across multiple categories.
- EdTech - Popular books connected to best practices in instructional technology.
- G Suite for Education - Popular books connected to Google for Education.
- Mindsets & Innovation - Popular books exploring innovative teaching practices and mindsets.
- Inquiry Learning - Popular books connected to inquiry and curiosity in the classroom.
- Leadership - Popular books connected to educational leadership for administrators and teachers.
- Learning Spaces - Popular books connected to classroom design and Makerspaces.
- Learning - Popular books connected to everything else in education including Assessment, Engagement, Learning, School Culture, Digital Citizenship, and Teaching.
If you have a favorite educational book that we've missed, please consider adding it to this Padlet or in the comments below.