- Students must be engaged in the content.
- Content alone is not enough. Content should help students build essential skills.
- Technology should support skills connected collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Technology should open doors to more learning.
- Technology in the classroom should be learner-centered.
- Technology should always be used with a purpose connected to specific learning objectives.
- Technology cannot be an event. Good teachers seamlessly shift in and out of technology
- Technology will never replace teachers. Teachers must facilitate the learning, not the technology.
- Technology is an enhancement to good lessons. It will not transform a bad lesson into something better.
- Technology should open the doors to new questions. Questions are often more important than answers.
Why Use Technology in the Classroom?
We live in a world where technology is all around us. It is a blessing to many and a curse for some. The incredible growth of educational technology has flipped many teachers upside down and we often struggle to use technology effectively to enhance learning. I believe that is easy to use technology in the classroom, but difficult to use it well. The challenge of using technology in the classroom is too often overlooked.
Too often technology initiatives focus on "If you build it they will come." and not enough on good learning practices enhanced by technology.
Components of using technology well in the classroom:
HyperDocs are powerful digital activities that shift the focus of learning from the teacher to the students. The best HyperDocs support ess...
Last week I shared some of the incredible resources connected to HyperDocs by incredible educators who love to share and collaborate. Teache...
If you've ever visited my Twitter stream you will know that I follow quite a bit more than my share of educators. I pretty much follow a...
" There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we kn...
" Design is thinking made visual ." - Saul Bass If you are not new to my blog, you know that I am a big fan of HyperDocs . ...