Google maps can provide classrooms with some incredible opportunities to create lessons based on creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
Here are a few resources connected to Google Maps that classroom teachers will find useful:
Game using StreetView images that drops the player in a random location and challenges them to work out where they are.
Create Your Own Geoguessr with Geosettr
- Smarty Pins
A fun and interactive game that tests players’ trivia and geography knowledge
- My Maps
Create custom maps to share online with Google My Maps We recently used My Maps as part of our Biome Unit.
- Google Cultural Institute World Wonders
The World Wonders Project is a valuable resource for students and scholars who can now virtually discover some of the most famous sites on earth.
- Street View Treks
Trek the world with Google Maps. Travel with the team as they collect Street View imagery cultural, historical and geographical wonders.
- Google Maps for the Classroom Resources
- Google Maps for Education
- Seven Wonders of the World to Explore on Google Street View
- 10 Ways to Use Google Maps in the Classroom
- Google Maps YouTube Channel