To Meme or Not To Meme Creating to Learn - Learning to Create


I always like to welcome my students back with a Reboot the Noggin Activity to start the New Year. I think it is important to get students reflecting and creating after a long break. I am still working on my 2020 New Year's Welcome Back HyperDoc and my Let's Start 2020 With One Word HyperDoc. I won't use both of these, but I am hoping one of these might have something other educators can use or modify for their students

Today I wanted to share my Meme Creation Resources connected to these activities.

Meme: a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users. (Source)
I've always tried to emphasize how important creating is for learning and I think students taking the time to create an avatar that represents how they see themselves is a great exercise in creativity, communication, and critical thinking.


You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”― Maya Angelou


If you are curious to learn more about how I've used memes with my students, check out these posts.
If you are looking for more ideas to bring creativity into your classroom, I highly recommend these books.
I create to learn and everything I create is free under the Creative Commons License.
If you would like to support my creative work now and in the future, please consider donating any amount.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome ideas, Steve! Thanks for sharing a link to your activities! So kind of you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts