Visual Display Resources for Classroom Projectors and Flat Screens (Timers, Clocks, and More)

I don't spend much time in the front of my classroom, but I still think it is important for students to have something to focus on as we engage in student-centered learning experiences. Today's post is all about creative ways you can display images, daily objectives, timers, clocks, and more for your students.

My personal favorite for displaying something in the classroom is Google Slides. I have a unit calendar for my AP Environmental Science class that I use to display the daily agenda. This is always up when students enter the classroom and we also use it at the end of the classroom to reflect on the class and plan for tomorrow.



I also use slides for activities that quickly shift from teacher-center to student-centered. I often use Pear Deck with these activities so my students can also view the deck on the classroom screen and on their own screens.

Sometimes I use slides to display a countdown timer as we work through an activity. I also sometimes like to display an analog or digital clock with the actual time during a classroom assessment. (The backgrounds in both of these comes from the UnSplash Images Add-on for Slides.)
All you need to do is insert a YouTube Video into a slide. We've put together this tutorial if you want to learn more about how to set this up.

If Google Slides is not quite what you are looking for or you want to display more stuff than what fits on a single slide, you might want to explore ClassroomScreen. ClassroomScreen is a super versatile tool for displaying images, text, timers, and more on your projector, computer screen, or flat panel display.
How do you display information for your students? Please share resources or ideas in the comments below. 

I create to learn and everything I create is free under the Creative Commons License.
If you would like to support my creative work now and in the future, please consider donating any amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts