Reboot the Noggin - 2021 New Year's Welcome Back HyperDoc

 

Learn to Create - Create to Learn

I love being an educator and I am always excited to return to school after a break, but for some reason don't think most of my students always feel the same way. In an effort to reconnect with my students after a break, I like to do something more than just review for our final exam or jump right into new content. 

Today I wanted to share a HyperDoc designed to help students reflect on 2020 and set goals for 2021. 

Feel free to make a copy of of the document and modify it for your students. I will also share my updated "One Word" 2021 HyperDoc soon.

If you want to use this with your students here are a few tips to help customize this document.
  1. In the "Reflect" section, I would check out the linked picture sites to make sure everything is ok for you students. You can always create your own slide deck or site with images you want students to see.
  2. If you want to use the shared slide deck in the "Reflect" section, make a copy or create your own slide deck and change the link to allow students to access your copy. You can also make a copy of the deck and post it to your LMS and remove the link altogether from the HyperDoc.
  3. You should create your own Padlet or even "Remake" the linked Padlet for your students. This gives your control of the privacy and who can access.
  4. In the "Share Your Voice" section, create and link you own Flipgrid to the HyperDoc. Flipgrid has some great features including integration with Google Classroom to ensure student privacy. 
  5. I've included some of our essential tools in this HyperDoc to get my students reengaged in Padlet, Adobe Spark, Google Earth, and Flipgrid to start the new year. If you have favorite tools that you use regularly with students, consider replacing the existing tech resources with your own. 
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions connected to this HyperDoc.

If you are looking for additional resources to reflect on 2020, be sure to visit my collection of resources and stories connected to 2020.


Happy New Year!

Be sure to visit the 
Teachers Give Teachers HyperDoc site, the HyperDoc Facebook page, and the Google+ HyperDoc Page to discover additional activities to engage all students. 

I am not a fan of Teachers Pay Teachers, so I will continue create and share. Everything I create is free under the Creative Commons License.
That being said, if you would like to support my creative work now and in the future, please consider donating any amount.

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I love to have my students look and plan for the new year, but didn't have them do any reflecting. This is a year that makes refelcting necessary. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking a look. I hope your students enjoy this.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this. Hard to admit, but this makes a January return less daunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad it is something that might help.

      Delete
  3. Who is the creator of this blog? What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts