You can search directly by typing text into the Omnibox and click return. You can also set up custom search options directly from your Omnibox.
Chrome Help - Custom Search
There are also a variety of very useful quick actions you can complete using the Omnibox. You don’t need to go to google.com to take advantage of these quick takes. Some of our favorites are listed below.
Start a countdown timer by typing: timer (or tm) and a time in the Omnibox.
Convert just about any units of measure by typing: convert a unit to a unit.
Solve math problems in your Omnibox by typing in an equation.
Or if you click the search button after typing the equation will open up a basic calculator.
Get weather for any zip code or location by typing: weather and a zip code or name of a city.
Need a word defined?: Type define or def with a word in the Omnibox for a quick definition.
Get quick directions or a map of a location: type map and location 1 to location 2.
Need a quick roll of the dice for an activity: type roll a die and a single six-sided die will roll.
Heads or tails to make a decision? Type flip a coin in the Omnibox and chrome will flip for you.
You can retrieve and calculate all foreign currencies from Omnibox. Just type the amount of the currency and click return.
- Ctrl+1-8 = Pressing Ctrl and any number 1 through 8 will move to the corresponding tab in your tab bar.
- Ctrl+9 = Switch to the last tab.
- Ctrl+Tab = Scroll through tabs.
- Ctrl+H = Show history.
- Ctrl+J = Open Downloads window .
- Ctrl+K = Move the cursor to the Omnibox (address bar).
- Ctrl+T = Open a new tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+T = Reopen recently closed tab.
- Ctrl+W = Close the current tab.
- Ctrl+F = Opens a text search box for the page.
- Ctrl+L = Hightlight url in omnibox.
- Ctrl+C = Copy text to clipboard.
- Ctrl+V = Paste text from clipboard.
- Ctrl+Shift+N = Open new incognito window.
- More Chrome Keyboard Shortcuts