Getting Ready for the #ICE19 Conference - Featured Speakers, Thursday Events, and Breakout Sessions

This post is my third connected to my Getting Ready for the #ICE19 Series. My first post was all about the incredible workshops and my second post explored the Exhibitor Hall Experience.




Planning your schedule for any educational conference can be a daunting challenge and the 2019 Illinois Computer Educators Conference is no exception There are so many incredible educators sharing so many incredible things, it is hard to even know where to start. This post includes a few tips on getting started organizing and planning your day of sessions and speakers.


Keynote and Featured Speakers

The easiest place to start planning your day is by checking out the Keynote and Featured Speakers for the conference this year. I've been lucky enough to learn from and with many of these speakers in the past and they are truly an inspiring group. I love these educators!



You can view the full list of the Keynote and Featured Speakers on the ICE Conference PageYou can also filter the ICE Conference Schedule by Featured Speakers or Keynotes.


Creating Future Ready Schools Workshop at #ICE19

I've been lucky enough to attend a Future Ready Workshop in the past and I always walked away inspired and motivated. The ICE Future Ready Workshop will be another great learning experience for everyone registered. (This event does require a separate registration on the ICE Conference Site.)


"This workshop is designed for interested district and school-based leaders (Admin in charge of PD and Curriculum, Principals, Librarians, Instructional Coaches) to explore effective school-based strategies that assist in providing robust and innovative student experiences for all students. Grounded in leadership and school culture, participants will leave with tangible strategies to build strong instructional partnerships, foster change and collaborative learning, and deploy effective strategies for a Future Ready school."
The ICE /IETL Leadership Summit at #ICE19

I've been fortunate to see several of Dr. Joe Sanfelippo's keynotes in the past and I don't have enough words explain how much I admire him as an educational leader. I know the Leadership Summit to be a great experience for everyone.  (This event does require a separate registration on the ICE Conference Site.)


"Join ICE and IETL for their annual Leadership Summit, this year, with Joe Sanfelippo. You will not want to miss this experience with Dr. Joe Sanfelippo, Superintendent of Fall Creek School District in Wisconsin and renowned national author and speaker. Based on his book Hacking Leadership, Dr. Sanfelippo has designed an energetic, interactive workshop, aimed at building leadership at all levels and finding innovative solutions to issues that have plagued the system for years. Built on intentionality, opening doors and developing staff, you’ll take away practical applications that can be implemented tomorrow!"
Illinois Computer Educator Conference Breakout Sessions
Breakout Sessions are hour-long sessions on a variety of educational topics. I think of these sessions are the main event on all 4 days of the conference. Popular sessions often fill up fast during the conference, so don't be late! 


Here are some of my favorite presenters and friends who will be facilitating breakout sessions this year. I know this is a long list, I consider myself fortunate to know quite a few awesome educators. 
Now that I am almost done with this post, I am a bit nervous that like an Academy Award Honoree I may forget to thank someone.  In fact, I am sure I am probably missing some important people and sessions. If I know you and missed you, I am sorry. No slight intended. I still love you!

There are also many great presenters I've never had a chance to learn with who will be presenting at the conference.  I highly recommend visiting the ICE Conference Sched to exploring more sessions to find your own favorite speakers and sessions.

So now it is now your turn. Who are you the most excited to learn from this year? Please share!




If you are interested in more #ICE19 Tips, please take a moment to explore my other ICE19 Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts