The Power of Google Forms to Engage Students - Now With the Form Notification Add-on

Have you explored the Form Notifications Add-on for Google Forms?

I have been a huge fan of formative assessment to engage students in the learning process. I use a variety of tools, but Google Forms is still one of my favorites. I was lucky enough to attend this year's Google Midwest Summit and I learned about the Form Notifications Add-on while I was there.

There are two great features in this Add-on.
1. You can turn on "Notify on form response" and set how often you receive a notification email when someone submits a response. You no longer need to create a sheet for every form to get notifications when someone submits a form response.

2. I think I am the most excited about the ability to send a customized email using this Add-on. While there are many great tools like Autocrat and Form Mule that allow you to set up email responses when someone submits a form response, none are easier to use than this Add-on.

Here is a sample quiz if you want to see Google Forms with this Add-on in action. This is a copy of a quiz my students in AP Environmental will complete in the locked-quiz mode. It is all about the layers of the atmosphere, but I won't judge anyone who hasn't studied these concepts. 

If you want to learn how to quickly set up the Add-on in Google Forms here is a quick step by step tutorial for you.

Additional Google Form Quiz Resources


More Formative Assessment Resources


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts