Teaching and Learning Quotes - A Few of My Favorites Inspired by my PLN


Teacher and quotes go together like chips & dip or pancakes & syrup. At least that is the way I've always felt about quotes. 

I have to admit that one of my vices is a love of quotes. We share and discuss quotes all of the time in class. (I really need to put all of these in one place.) I also spend more time than I should online in a variety of places including social media searching for new quotes to add to my list of favorite quotes

Today I was inspired by a few recent tweets from my PLN to to share a few of my favorite quotes. (Thanks @mrpiper76 and @dknonpelko for the inspiration.)

While it is not going to be easy, I am going to just share 6 of the quotes today that I know I come back to the most often as I explore teaching and learning. I want to share many many many more, but I will resist today. 

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious … and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.Walt Disney

"If students are sharing their work with the world, they want it it to be good. If they're just sharing it with you, they want it to be good enough" - Rushton Hurley

Questions are more important than answers.” - ErnÅ‘ Rubik

"Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be." Rita F. Pierson

I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’" Grace Murray Hopper

If you are looking for more, be sure to visit this document. If you have a favorite quote connected to teaching, learning, or life please consider sharing in the comments below. #HappyLearning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts