Curiosity Resource - Recollection Road

I've been exploring curiosity and resources to help students be more curious recently. I've posted a few sets of resources and updated my curiosity site.

Today I wanted to share a YouTube Channel I discovered that I think I will find ways to use with students to inspire curiosity and inquiry. I think that at the very least some of these videos would be hooks or set inductions for some of our class topics or curious brain breaks.

Recollection Road - Stories of American Life posted their first video on December 5th, 2020. The creators have continued to add 5 to 7 videos each month. 

The channel's playlists are a great place to start exploring.

About the Channel

Welcome to Recollection Road! 
This channel is meant to be a visual history lesson. Each video explores a topic that relates to a specific point in time and takes a look back at that moment with not only snapshots, but also with commentary that tells a story.
Learning about life during various decades is best done by seeing how these moments looked. We all remember flipping through old photo albums and this channel is meant to feel that same way.
Some of the topics explored on this channel are:
  • American life
  • Nostalgic stores and restaurants
  • Holidays through the decades
  • Music through the years
  • Events of the past
  • Places around America 
Recollection Road is a place where we can look back at the nostalgic eras of of the past and learn something about it.
Come along with me to learn more about our past, while celebrating these memories.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts