Create a QR Code Activity - Get Students Up and Moving With QR Code Creators

 

I thought QR codes were done, right? Apparently, not so fast. (get the reference?) Maybe it is a side effect of the pandemic and more paperless menus or maybe there is more two these odd little images than I ever realized?

Today, I wanted to share some easy to use QR code creators and ideas on how to use them to engage students with something besides games on those pesky phones. You could also use a laptop or Chromebook with a web camera, but this is sometimes a bit awkward

My thoughts today are focused on using QR codes to get students up and moving to explore a concept or collection. I am envisioning an activity or formative assessment where students work through a QR code scavenger hunt to connect images or diagrams to class concepts. For example, 


What type of tectonic plate boundary would you expect to find connected to this image?  _____________________
(Share your answer in the comments below.  You can send me a tweet me if you need help.)


The Rift Valley in this location is connected to what type of type of tectonic plate boundary? _____________________
(Share your answer in the comments below. You can send me a tweet me if you need help.)

These codes could be created and posted around the classroom or even around the school if you really want students to get moving. I even imagine that this could be a fun professional development scavenger hunt for teachers? The possibilities might only be limited by your imagination.


Creating The Codes

My favorite tool to use when creating these codes is the built in QR code creator in the Chrome Browser. (These have the little dinosaur in the middle.) 



Here are a few more easy to use QR code creators.

Additional QR Code Resources and Activities


One last one. Have a Happy Day! #HappyLearning
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below ; ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts