All About Me - Heart Maps to Start the Year


I am always looking for creative ways to get to know my students. I also love creative ideas that we can use to introduce them to some of the tools we use throughout the year. The past several years I have modeled our use of Padlet with a 7 Pictures - All About Me Project.

This year I was inspired by Marwa Elkelani to try something a little different. We are going to start with some Heart Maps and get some practice with Google Drawings or Google Slides.

A heart map is a visual map that uses drawing, text, shapes, and images to share feelings, people and places you love, memories, experiences, and more. These can be created on paper or digitally. I think Canva, Adobe Express, Google Drawings, or Google Slides could all be used to facilitate the creation of these digitally.

I am going to focus on Google Drawings and Google Slides for this post. We use both Drawings and Slides to create during the year, so I love the idea of exploring these tools with students early in the school year. Here are the two templates.

Google Drawings Hearth Map Template

All About Me Google Drawing Heart Map Template

All About Me Google Slides Heart Map Template

These can be collected and shared in a variety of ways. My plan is to have my students down load these as images and share them in a Wakelet Collection

Feel free to make a copy and modify for your own use. 

Let me know if you have questions or suggestions. I'd love to know if and how you use these with students. #HappyLearning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts