Using Google Slides to Create Stunning Images for Teaching and Learning

Created with Google Slides and Unsplash Photo Add-on.

I am always looking for quick and easy ways to create visuals for teaching, learning, and sharing. I also believe the more my students create the more learning sticks. 

Did you know that you can create a graphic using Google Slides and then download it as a high-quality image? Sometimes the simplest tool is the best. 

A Quick Guide to Creating Images with Google Slides

1. Create a new slide deck or open an existing slide deck. (This is not a slide deck I created. This is a Slide Template created by Pear Deck, another resource that I love. (I always remember to give credit when using images that you didn't create.) 
I also highly recommend using the Unsplash Photo Add-on to bring high quality images into you slide deck. 

2. Click on the slide you want to save as an image file.


3. Click on "File" in the Slides Menu and Choose "Download". You can choose JPEG, PNG. or SVG and save it when the new window opens. I typically choose PNG because I remember reading somewhere that PNGs are typically higher quality and are a little more versatile when editing and resizing.


4. You now have a quality image that you can insert in a Doc, Website, Slide Deck or just about anywhere. Click here to see the one I created and uploaded to Google Drive as a PNG file. 

Additional Design Resources for Google Slides
Additional Visual Design Resources 

Let me know if you have any questions? I am always happy to help. #HappyLearning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts