A Different Kind of Book of the Month - Oscar The Grouch's Debut


Normally I am recommending books written by educators for educators, but this month I decided to share something a bit different. I am adding Oscar's In the Pursuit of Grouchiness to my reading list in April. I love this book for no other reason then the connections it has to my childhood.  If you haven't seen the book know that it is a series of images and quotes about being a grouch. It's not a positive book at first glance, but I think it could be a starting point for some great discussions on being positive. Some of the pages get you thinking about what Oscar might be trying to say and other pages may just make you laugh out loud.

In The Pursuit of Grouchiness, Oscar the Grouch teaches you how to lose friends and grouchily influence people.There’s no greater expert on celebrating a crummy day than Oscar the Grouch. After complaining about cheerfulness for decades from his trash can on Sesame Street, Oscar now shares his secrets for making sure you’re as curmudgeonly as possible, all day, every day.
It's the perfect gift for your grouchy friends, your annoyingly upbeat friends who could stand to be a little grouchier, and even just yourself―because a bad day can always get worse.
Now get lost! And have a rotten day!
An Imprint Book - PRAISE FOR THE PURSUIT OF GROUCHINESS:
“MMM, me LOVE this book. So tasty! (Might be fun to read, too.)” ―Cookie Monster
For more fun from folks who live on Sesame Street, check out Cookie Monster's The Joy of Cookies and Bert and Ernie's Importance of Being Ernie (and Bert).


As I continue to explore these books I am very curious to explore what I can learn from one of some of my favorite childhood friends.

If you are visiting my blog for the first time or have not had time to explore some of the books I've recommended in the past, please visit my Recommended Educational Book Site to learn more about the incredible books that have been written and shared by my PLN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts