What Inspires You to be Curious? Interesting Site - Language is a Virus

I am always looking for images, videos, articles, or website that inspire me to be curious, ask questions, and explore more. This frequently leads me down the rabbit hole of exploration/distraction when I least expected. For me, it is both a blessing and a curse. Today I was inspired to explore the power of words after stumbling on the Language is a Virus Site. 


Unless you've been hiding from all things digital, you know that it is national poetry month. My school and my PLN and been all over the power of words and poetry. I even spent some time exploring Haiku in a post last week. 




All day today our LMC has been transformed into a Poetry Coffee House. We are also wrapping up an incredible Serenity Week for Health Moves Minds. These events along with the ideas and resources shared by my PLN have reminded me that words have an incredible amount of power to raise people up or push them down. 

I was inspired to dive deeper and explore some resources connected to poetry and language. One resource I found that I think is worth sharing is the Language is a Virus Website



I've only scratched the surface of the site, but here is a small sample of what I've found so far. 
  • Text Generators for creative inspiration.
  • Text Manipulation 
  • Writing Games
  • Haiku Generators
  • Creative Writing Exercises
I highly recommend exploring the site if you are interested in engaging students in the power of words. 

What other sites, resources or activities do you love to engage students in the power of words?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts