Pear Deck PD Choice Board - Advanced Features


Pear Deck is an incredible tool that educators can use to add interactive questions for students to any presentation. I've primarily used Pear Deck with Google Slides, but it also works with PowerPoint. If you are curious to learn more about how I use Pear Deck with my students, check out these blog posts.

I recently explored a great post by Pam Huber about Coaching Choice Boards. It is an awesome way to deliver professional development. I was inspired to try something similar with a focus on one of my favorite EdTech resources, Pear Deck.

A choice board is a type of graphic organizer that provides different ways to explore a concept or resource. Choice boards can be used with students or as a tool for professional development. Choice boards can be created on paper or by using a variety of digital tools. I've primarily used Google Docs and Google Drawings to create choice boards in the past, but I decided to do something a little different this time.

I was inspired to be a little more creative this time, so I used the ability to link to different slides to create this Pear Deck PD Slide Deck.

My Pear Deck PD Choice Board starts with a menu or tic-tac-to board. 


When the viewer clicks on a button the information looks like a popup. (This is actually a link to the another slide in the deck.) Clicking on the X brings the viewer back to the full choice board. You can also just advance through the slides in order.


Click here to see this in action in presentation mode, or if you are curious about what the deck looks like behind the scenes, click here.

I used a template created by Slides Mania to put this together and the Slides Mania site has a great tutorial about putting this all together.  Pam Huber also shared a nice template on her blog. 

I hope there is something here that you can use. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. 
What ideas do you have about using Choice Boards with students or teachers? 

4 comments:

  1. This is so great! Thank you for sharing 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deciding whether Peardeck or Nearpod would be a better fit for my classroom. It seems you prefer Peardeck. Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great resources and I don't think you can go wrong with either. At the time of choosing Pear Deck was the better fit and value in my district.

      Delete

Popular Posts