Brain Breaks - Google Games and More

 


I've long been a huge proponent of finding creative ways to give students a break. Call them "Brain Breaks" or whatever I believe they have real benefits for students. These breaks can be a fun way to interact with students outside of the content or they can be connected to your content in creative ways. I find that my students typically are able to refocus and are usually more productive after we engage in a creative brain break. 

Today I wanted to share a few Google resources we've explored and will continue to use to engage students in creative brain breaks. These may even lead to so unexpected and  learning experiences that can be connected to essential course goals and content. 


Google Earth and Google Maps are great ways to engage students. These posts are connected to some of our favorite resources connected to Google Earth and Google Maps.
"Play with Arts & Culture" is a collection of creative and gaming experiments created by the Google Arts and Culture Lab. These posts connected to some of our favorite  Google Arts and Culture resources. 
Brain breaks also don't need to be digital. Here are a few creative ideas to get students up and moving.
How would you use this with students? If you have a creative idea, I'd love to have you tag me in a tweet. @WickedEdTech

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts