Google Arts & Culture Puzzle Party

 

I have been a fan of Google Experiments for a while. I use them all of the time with my students as brain breaks. In a recent TCEA IDEAcon Virtual Conference session Eric Curts introduced us to a great experiment called Puzzle Party.

Puzzle Party allows users to collaboratively solve artistic jigsaw puzzles. 
  1. When the site launches the teacher or student can first choose a difficultly level that changes the size of the pieces.
  2. After choosing the difficulty level, users can scroll through 100s of different works of art for the puzzle. 
  3. The final step before starting is to choose Solo or Multiplayer. In multiplayer, team members work collaboratively to complete the puzzle.


I think Puzzle Party is a great brain break. It could also be used as a starting point to explore works or arts and/or artists. 

The only real drawback I see is that you can't save and come back to the puzzle later. It needs to be completed in one sitting. 

I will share a few more of these Google Secrets as time permits over the next few weeks as I have time to explore and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts