End of Year Ideas to Inspire and Motivate Learners and Educators


It's hard to talk to teachers or students at this time of year without hearing about how "done" everyone is with school and learning at this time of year. There are even quite a few memes that are all about the end of year blues.
I wish I could tell you that I don't hear the same thing from my students, but I can't. I teach mostly seniors and many of them firmly believe that "senioritis" is part of the required curriculum. Many of them let me know daily that I shouldn't expect much from them.

I could complain about this, but I prefer to think of the end of the year as a challenge to overcome.

I think the end of the school year is one of the best times of the year to experiment and try new activities with students. I know I might have something I can use in the future if I can hook students with an activity at the end of the year.  I also love the challenge of designing an activity that might engage students when they are most resistant to being engaged. I don't always hit the target, but I learn as much from my failures as I do from my wins!

This year, I've landed on three new capstone activities to wrap our year in Environmental Science. These activities are strongly connected to student voice and choice. I have also connected the theme of sharing stories to each of these activities.


Looking for more? Here are a few posts I explored this year connected to the ending the year engaging students. 
Do you have an idea or activity to end the school year right? I'd love for you to share it in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts