Exploring Blended Learning - You Don't Know What You Don't Know?


January and February can be tough months for teachers and students in the Midwest. The weather outside is frightful and we often fall into a rut when it comes to teaching and learning. With this in mind, I've decided to provide a bit of a different learning experience for my students. We are going to attempt to add some blended learning components into our Energy Inquiry Unit in my AP Environmental Classes. 
"The term blended learning is generally applied to the practice of using both online and in-person learning experiences when teaching students. In a blended-learning course, for example, students might attend a class taught by a teacher in a traditional classroom setting, while also independently completing online components of the course outside of the classroom. In this case, in-class time may be either replaced or supplemented by online learning experiences, and students would learn about the same topics online as they do in class—i.e., the online and in-person learning experiences would parallel and complement one another." (Source)
I am writing this post to share my plan. I know that this unit may not fit everyone's definition of blended learning and I also know that I still have a lot to learn. I hope everyone reading this will let me know if they have questions or suggestions.

AP Environmental Science Blended Learning Resources
Curious About Blended Learning?
This will be a "First Attempt at Learning" experience, so if you have any advice or feedback please share in the comments below. I will be sure to follow up with a reflective post during or near the end of our learning experience.




1 comment:

  1. I really like how with your blended days, you are having the students check in with you to begin. It's a great way to make sure they know what they should be doing. We have some blended teachers who always do that and they have found it to be very successful. I also like with your discussions how they are given times to be in your room to meet with you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts