Learn to Create - Create to Learn #OneWord2020


There is nothing wrong with New Year's Resolutions, but too often I make resolutions that are just not sustainable. A few years ago I was inspired by my PLN and Jon Gordon's One Word that Will Change Your Life book to shift my thinking about making New Year's Resolutions and shift to the idea of choosing a word as my foundation for the year. 


"One word you can focus on every day, all year long… One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live."
"It will take intentionality and commitment, but if you let it, your one word will shape not only your year, but also you. It will become the compass that directs your decisions and guides your steps."

This year I thought about quite a few different words and finally landed on the word "Create". I learned a long time ago that most of my best learning experiences happen when I am creating. As I reflect on 2019, I realize that I wasn't creating as much as I have in the past. As a result, I don't know that I fully lived up to my potential as a lifelong learner. 

This year will be different. Creating will be the foundation of my teaching, learning, and sharing in 2019.
What will be your One Word connected to teaching and learning?

If you want to share your word with your PLN, here is a Google Slides template you can use. If you've never used Google Slides to create graphics, this post might help you get started. Adobe Spark is another great tool you can use to create graphics.

If you are looking to explore the idea of One Word with your students, please check out this post

If you are curious to learn more about the concept of One Word Resolutions here are a few other recommended books connected to ideas of little 
If you are looking for resources to support creativity, I might have something for you in one of these posts.
Finally, here are a few books connected to creativity.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration. I will do this activity with my learners in my tutor group to focus their energy and effort. My #OneWord2020 would be balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balance is a great choice. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Hi

    Es gefällt mir sehr gut! Das ist vergleichsweise unbekannt für mich.

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Sugarista.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

      Delete

Popular Posts