Twitter Tips - The Power of Twitter Notifications and More Tools to Streamline Your Twitter Experience


I don't know about you, but I always have a lot of Twitter FOMO. Not sure if this is a really thing or it is just me?

I've always stuck to the model that if someone connected to teaching and learning follows me, I will follow them back. This has let me to some great follows, but it has also added more to my Twitter stream than I can follow most days. 

Today, I wanted to share a few resources I use to streamline my Twitter experience. There are many great resources that can help organize and streamline Twitter, but today  I will focus on 4: Twitter Notifications, Twitter Lists, IFTTT, and Tweetdeck. 

Twitter Notifications

I have to admit that up until a few months ago, I never really used or looked at using the Twitter notification icon for some of my favorite follows. It has become on of my favorites since then. 

I have notifications set for less than a dozen twitter accounts. I don't want to be overwhelmed by notifications, so keeping it to a core group really helps. I do change this from time to time as I meet new people, discover new resources, or participate in a conference or PD experience.


The reason I love the notification button is now I am just a click a way from viewing a list of recent tweets from accounts that I've set notifications for. 


Twitter Lists

I also use Twitter lists to group together educators, events, and topics. I am organizing one connected to the 2022 IDEAcon Speakers right now. Similar to notifications, I can open a list to just see tweets from anyone I've added to the list. I also love that I can share lists with other educators and they can follow the list. 

IFTTT

You can also use a resource like If This Then That to set up some pretty cool notifications and other actions to streamline your life. 

TweetDeck

TweetDeck has long been another favorite tool to help me keep up with Twitter. I probably use it the most often when I am attending or getting ready to attend a conference. I have #IDEAcon already cued up in my first column for next month. TweetDeck has both mobile and web options. If you've never used TweetDeck, I highly recommend exploring the TweetDeck Help Center


How do you keep up with your Twitter learning? Please share any additional tips or ideas in the comments below. #HappyLearning 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts