Brain Breaks - Primel Number and Ooodle Number Challenges for Students and Classrooms

I've long been a huge proponent of finding creative ways to give students a break. Call them "Brain Breaks" or whatever. I believe these types of activities have real benefits for students. These breaks can also be a fun way to interact with students outside of the content or they can be connected to your content in creative ways. I find that my students typically are able to refocus and are usually more productive after we engage in a quick creative brain break. 

I recently shared a brain break resource called WordleWordle is an online daily word game that has became a popular social trend in 2021 and continues to be played and shared in 2022.  Today I wanted to share a similar game, but instead of words it's all about prime numbers.

Primel
I learned about the game Primel from a recent post by Tony VincentPrimel is similar to Wordle, but instead of guessing a 5 letter word the player has to guess a 5 digit prime number in 6 guesses or less.

This game is really a challenge for me. It only lets the player enter prime numbers as guesses, so you can't just add random numbers to start. I had to find a list of 5 digit prime numbers to even get started. It definitely takes quite a bit of logical thinking to work through the one of the daily challenges. 

This was my first attempt. Made it, but just barely. 

Primel 22 6/6
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ooodle
Tony Vincent also shared Ooodle. The goal of Ooodle is to guess numbers in a sequence to complete a number sentence. Ooodle is part of a collection of unique math puzzles and games



Quick tip: If you are displaying the game on a projector and want to play with multiple classes throughout the day, consider using Google Chrome Incognito Mode. It will be the same word each day, but it won't remember or show your last attempt or block your from trying again. 

if you are looking for additional Brain Break resources and ideas for you students, be sure to check out these resources.

Let me know if you have any questions. #HappyLearning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts