Reboot the Noggin - 2022 Reflection Activity for Teachers & Learners

  

Learn to Create - Create to Learn

I love being an educator and I am always excited to return to school after a break, but for some reason, I don't always think many of my students feel the same way? This is one reason why I always try to come back after the break with something outside of our content. Something that I hope will be fun, reflective, and maybe a little inspiring for my learners.

Today I wanted to share a HyperDoc designed to help students reflect on 2022 and set some goals for 2023. I will use this after we come back from break, but I also think this also could be used before the holiday break. 

I've created this year's activity using Google Docs, Wakelet, Google Slides, and a few additional digital resources. I use Google Classroom to share the links to the connected Slide Deck and Wakelet. Educators could also create copies of these resources and link them in the HyperDoc directly. 

Feel free to make a copy of these resources and modify them for your students. I will also share my updated "One Word" 2023 HyperDoc and an Updated Collection of Additional Resources to reflect on 2022 on the blog before the end of the year.

If you want to use this with your students and need a little help getting started, here are a few tips to help customize this document for your classroom.
  1. In the "Reflect" section, I would check out the linked picture sites to make sure everything is ok for your students. You can always create your own slide deck or site with specific images you want students to see.
  2. If you want to use the shared slide deck in the "Reflect" section, make a copy or create your own slide deck and change the link to allow students to access your copy. You can also make a copy of the deck and post it to your LMS.
  3. If you want students to share their reflections, you can create your own Wakelet or copy the Wakelet linked above. This gives your control of privacy and who can access it. There are also other ways to have students collaborate and share, maybe your students could share using Google Drive or your LMS. 
  4. In the "Share Your Voice" section, create and link your own Flip to the HyperDoc. Flip has some great features including integration with Google Classroom to ensure student privacy. 
  5. I've included some of our essential tools in this HyperDoc to get my students re-engaged in Wakelet, Adobe Express, Google Earth, and Flip to start our new year. If you have favorite tools that you use regularly with students, consider replacing the existing tech resources with your own. 
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions connected to this HyperDoc. If you remix this or have your own version, I'd love for you to share it with me in the comments below. 

I Hope Everyone Has a Happy New Year!

Be sure to visit the 
Teachers Give Teachers HyperDoc site and the HyperDoc Facebook to discover additional activities to engage all students in the New Year. 

I am not a fan of Teachers Pay Teachers, so I will continue to create and share. Everything I create is free under the Creative Commons License. Please do not recreate this to sell. 
I also plan to experiment a bit with Wizer and may create a shareable version of this activity there and in a blog post soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts