Three Ways to Use Wakelet as a Teaching & Learning Resource

Image Source: Wakelet Blog

Wakelet for Education is a digital bulletin board, digital gallery, and more. It is a digital space where teachers and students can save, organize, and present resource and ideas. Wakelet is an incredbily versatile resource that educators and students can use to share and collaborate.

Today I wanted to share a few ideas on how teachers can use Wakelet with students. 

Digital Gallery Walk 

"If students are sharing their work with the world, they want it it to be good. If they're just sharing it with you, they want it to be good enough" - Rushton Hurley

I love having my students share their creative work and ideas with a larger audience then just me or the people they are sitting near. Wakelet is one of our favorite places to share what we create as we learn. 

Teachers can share a link that students can use to add resources to a class Wakelet. 

Here are a few sample gallery walks to explore.

My students will be sharing our Final National Park Projects with each other through Wakelet. 

Online Discusions and Interactive Lessons

Technology is not a silver bullet. It’s only as good as the teachers … using it as one more tool to help inspire, and teach, and work through problems.” - Barack Obama

One of the quickest and easiest ways to get students started with Wakelet is by having them discuss a question or respond to a video. 

Wakelet can also be used to create a lesson or even a scavenger hunt to engage students in exploring content or completing a task.

I have not used Wakelet in this way, but it is something I need to explore. 

Collections and Portfolios

"For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned." - Benjamin Franklin

My students and I use Wakelet and the Wakelet extension to quickly save resources, articles, and ideas. I also encourge my students to use Wakelet collections to save and organize web resources connected to a topic or research project. 

Here a few collections to explore.

  • 2022 A Year in Review - Every year my students and I complete two project at the start of the new year. One component of these activties is providing my students a collection of resources that review the year. 
  • Teaching and Learning Bookmarks - Collection of articles and resources discovered on the web to support teachers and classrooms. The Wakelet extension makes it quick and easy to save links from the web and social media. 
  • Digital Field Trips - A collection of sites and resources to engage students in exploring our world virtually. 

Even More Wakelet Awesomeness for Teachers

Image Source: 
Wakelet Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts