One Word to Rule Them All - 2022 One Word Student Challenge HyperDoc

The Updated 2023 One Word HyperDoc can be found here.

I always like to welcome my students back after the holiday break with a bit of reflection. I also think it is important to revisit goals and set goals for the new year. For the last several years we've focused on the idea that one word can be the foundation for the year.
Forget New Year’s Resolutions. Scrap that long list of goals you won’t remember a few weeks from now anyway!
Choose just one word.
One word you can focus on every day, all year long… One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live.
It will take intentionality and commitment, but if you let it, your one word will shape not only your year, but also you. It will become the compass that directs your decisions and guides your steps. (OneWord365)
Today I wanted to share a HyperDoc designed to help students set goals for the 2022 year with the focus on "one word". This activity is inspired by Mike Ashcraft's and Rachel Olsen's book My One Word: Change Your Life With Just One Word


Feel free to make a copy of of the document and modify it for your students. 

If you want to use this with your students here are a few tips to help customize this document.
  1. On slide 5, I would check out the linked resources to make sure everything is ok for you students. 
  2. You should create your own Padlet or even "Remake" the linked Padlet for your students. This gives your control of the privacy and who can access. This Padlet is also connected to a 2021 New Year's Welcome Back Hyperdoc. If you don't have access to Padlet, Wakelet is a nice alternative. 
I've also creates some Google Slides Templates to students to create and share their words. 

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions connected to this HyperDoc.

If you are looking for additional resources to reflect on 2020, be sure to visit my collection of resources and stories connected to 2020.



Be sure to visit the Teachers Give Teachers HyperDoc site and the HyperDoc Facebook to discover additional activities to engage all students. 

I create to learn and everything I create is free under the Creative Commons License.
If you would like to support my creative work now and in the future, please consider donating any amount. 
Donate to Know Your Why

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts