Reboot the Noggin - 2022 New Year's Welcome Back HyperDoc

  

Learn to Create - Create to Learn

I love being an educator and I am always excited to return to school after a break, but for some reason I don't always think many of my students feel the same way. This is one reason why I always try to come back after break with something outside of our content. Something that I hope if fun, reflective, and maybe a little inspiring.

Today I wanted to share a HyperDoc designed to help students reflect on 2021 and set new goals for 2022. While I use this after we come back from break, I think this also could be used before the holiday break. 


Feel free to make a copy of  the document and modify it for your students. I will also share my updated "One Word" 2022 HyperDoc soon.

If you want to use this with your students here are a few tips to help customize this document for your classroom.
  1. In the "Reflect" section, I would check out the linked picture sites to make sure everything is ok for you students. You can always create your own slide deck or site with images you want students to see.
  2. If you want to use the shared slide deck in the "Reflect" section, make a copy or create your own slide deck and change the link to allow students to access your copy. You can also make a copy of the deck and post it to your LMS and remove the link altogether from the HyperDoc.
  3. You should create your own Padlet or even "Remake" the linked Padlet for your students. This gives your control of the privacy and who can access. If you don't have access to Padlet, a nice alternative to Padlet is Wakelet. Students can also always share using Google Drive. 
  4. In the "Share Your Voice" section, create and link you own Flipgrid to the HyperDoc. Flipgrid has some great features including integration with Google Classroom to ensure student privacy. 
  5. I've included some of our essential tools in this HyperDoc to get my students reengaged in Padlet, Adobe Creative Cloud Express, Google Earth, and Flipgrid to start our new year. If you have favorite tools that you use regularly with students, consider replacing the existing tech resources with your own. 
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions connected to this HyperDoc.

Bonus
If you are looking for additional resources to reflect on 2021, be sure to visit my collection of growing resources and stories connected to 2021 and our 2022 One Word HyperDoc Activity



I Hope Everyone Has a Happy New Year!

Be sure to visit the 
Teachers Give Teachers HyperDoc site and the HyperDoc Facebook to discover additional activities to engage all students in the New Year. 

I am not a fan of Teachers Pay Teachers, so I will continue create and share. Everything I create is free under the Creative Commons License.
That being said, if you would like to support my creative work now and in the future, please consider donating any amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts