Focusable - The Fitness Tracking App for Your Mind

Spring is a great time to learn & explore something new!
April 21st, 2023

If you’ve followed my blog over the last several years, you might remember that I occasionally create challenges for myself to explore, learn, and share what I discover. Last December, I challenged myself to explore 24 Days of Teaching and Learning Resources.

My challenge for April is to explore something new each day and share what I discover. Hopefully, I won't let you or myself down! (April Challenge Update Doc)

Today I am taking a deeper dive into Focusable. I've been connected with Focusable on social media and met some of the Focusable staff at various conferences, like IDEAcon. Still, I have not spent enough time exploring the resource for myself and my students. That changes today!

Focusable helps students and teachers practice mindfulness and reset their focus. I think of focusable as a brain break with a purpose. I believe it is a great tool to shift our focus away from the many distractions that are all around us. I believe moments of clarity matter more than many people realize. 

AI offers up enormous potential to students that embrace attentional resistance. Investing in their skills to focus will help them maintain the ability to take on challenges and do the deep work they need to thrive today and in the future. 

Focusable helps you support the development of your students' attention while learning without a dependence on overly engaging, attention diminishing learning tools.  

Focusable for education can be accessed through web and on mobile devices. (Google Play | App Store)

Before I recommend Focusable to my students, I am making the commitment to use Focusable daily. Once I have a foundation of what works for me I plan to roll it out to my students and our school as one of our "Study Smarter Not Harder" Resources. Next year I hope to introduce it to my students at the start of the year and schedule some time during class to engage students in quick focus breaks. 

Learn More

Some Brain Break Resources

Visit the blog tomorrow for something new or follow along in this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts