Did You Know Digital Cleanup Day Was March 18th?

Refresh and renew. Spring is a great time to learn & explore something new!
April 4th, 2023

If you’ve followed my blog over the last several years, you might remember that I occasionally create challenges for myself to explore, learn, and share what I discover. Last December, I challenged myself to explore 24 Days of Teaching and Learning Resources

My challenge for April is to explore something new each day and share what I discover. Hopefully, I won't let you or myself down!

Today, I am exploring IDEA's Big Ideas Weekly Newsletters. There are always some amazing stories and resources shared each week. Today I am exploring "Digital Cleanup Day". I didn't even know this was an "official day"? I must not have read the March 16th newsletter very closely. 

Digital Clean Up Day 2023 is happening on March 18th. The goal of the day is to clean up unused files on the web. These files contribute to Global Carbon Dioxide emissions.

"If we delete all unnecessary files, apps, photos and videos, we are not just saving a huge amount of CO2 but we are also extending the life of our gadgets, feel more balanced, and we take control over our lives, forge new digital habits, and we will be more efficient and satisfied. Sounds like a win-win!"

There are some great facts and resources for students on the website.

I missed the 18th but I don't think it's too late to explore the idea of digital waste with my students. I plan to dedicate some class time with my students to discuss the topic and do a bit of digital cleanup. It's also on my calendar for next year!

I am also now interested in the World Backup Day from March 30th Newsletter! #AlwaysLearning 

Educators can join IDEA for free or follow IDEA on Twitter for more awesome learning resources. 

Visit the blog tomorrow for something new or follow along in this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts