3-2-1 Bridge Student Activity - Pre and Post Learning Reflections

3-2-1 Bridge Activity is a great way for students to explore what they know and what they learn before and after a class activity. The idea is to engage students in first exploring what they think they know and then reflecting on how what they know changed after the activity. 

3-2-1 Purpose: What kind of thinking does this routine encourage?

This routine helps students understand their own process of learning by considering their conceptions of a topic before and after a learning experience and how their conceptions changed. (Source

Here is a sample I've created a quick 3-2-1 Bridge Activity - Sustainable Energy for my students to initially activate their knowledge about energy. They complete the first column before we watch four short videos connected to Sustainable Energy. After the videos and a class discussion, we complete the second column and the "Making Connections". 

Sometimes, I also have students reflect on the connections between their before and after ideas using a Flip response.

If you are interested in trying this, here is a free Google Docs template I've created that you can copy and modify. 


How could you adapt this for your students? How could I do this differently? Please consider sharing in the comments below. 

1 comment:

  1. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
    the french connection official

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts