Formative AI - Assessment Powered by ChatGPT

Spring is a great time to learn & explore something new!
April 19th, 2023

If you’ve followed my blog over the last several years, you might remember that I occasionally create challenges for myself to explore, learn, and share what I discover. Last December, I challenged myself to explore 24 Days of Teaching and Learning Resources.

My challenge for April is to explore something new each day and share what I discover. Hopefully, I won't let you or myself down! (April Challenge Update Doc)

Today I am exploring another generative AI resource, which is part of Formative. Formative is an interactive student assessment tool. If you are new to Formative, Common Sense Media has a nice summary and review here

Formative has partnered with ChatGPT to add the option to use AI-generated hints to existing questions and to create AI-generated questions. This is in early release, so if you do not see this in your formative account, click here for more details on how to enable Formative AI in your account.

Formative AI Hints

Hints work with any type of question. Teachers can manually add hints or use the "Generate with ChatGPT" button to auto-generate a hint. 

Click here to learn more about adding hints to questions in Formative. 

Formative AI Questions

The Formative AI can generate Multiple Choice, Multiple Selection, Numeric, Short Answer, and True or False. After adding some details, the teacher can generate and review a question. The auto-generated questions are editable or they can be regenerated before they are added to the assessment. 

Click here to learn more about setting up AI-generated questions in Formative. 

Additional Formative Resources

Additional AI Resources

Visit the blog tomorrow for something new or follow along in this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts