Earth Day 2023 - Exploring Our Planet Student Activity

I recently shared a collection of resources connected to Earth Day and I promised that I would share any lessons or ideas I created connected to the resources.

For one of my classes, I am planning to use Pear Deck and Google Slides to facilitate a student-centered HyperDoc connected to Earth Day. For another class, I am going to use one of the Google Applied Digital Skills Earth Day Activities.

HyperDoc is an interactive Google Doc that replaces the worksheet/lecture method of delivering instruction. For this Earth Day Activity, I am using Google Slides and Pear Deck. (There is also a Google Slides-only version below.)



I've minimized the instructions in the slide deck because I plan on working through this with my students. If my students were completing this without my help, I might include additional instructions in Google Classroom to help them work through this presentation at their own pace. 

Students can use Wakelet, Padlet, Google Drive, or something else to share their creations and comment on each other's presentations. 

If you don't plan on using Pear Deck, here is a copy of the slide deck without the Pear Deck interactive questions that can be modified to fit different resources. 

If you have any questions or need any help, let me know. Also, feel free to copy/modify this activity and as always if you have any suggestions or feedback, please let me know in the comments below. 
_____________________________________________________

Google's Applied Digital Skills is a free collection of digital lessons. Last year Google created and shared several lessons connected to Earth Day. 


If you have any questions or need any help with Google Applied Digital Skills, let me know and as always if you have any suggestions or feedback, please share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts