Exploring Educational Badges and Certifications for Teachers

Refresh and renew. Spring is a great time to learn & explore something new!
April 6th, 2023

If you’ve followed my blog over the last several years, you might remember that I occasionally create challenges for myself to explore, learn, and share what I discover. Last December, I challenged myself to explore 24 Days of Teaching and Learning Resources

My challenge for April is to explore something new each day and share what I discover. Hopefully, I won't let you or myself down!

Today I am exploring the Learning Technology Center Website and the collection of Educational Badges and Certificates on the site. I explored many of these certifications in the past, but I am quickly learning that I need to up my game.

Many EdTech Companies offer free certifications. These certifications are great opportunities to learn about the tools, but the best of them also engage educators in exploring best practices connected to teaching and learning. Pedagogy before the tech is best, right? 

Need some help getting started? Here are some of the certification programs that I would recommend to start. 

I need to figure out how many of my certifications need to be renewed. After that, my plan is to get started this Spring and by the end of the Summer finish every certification that I think will help me grow as a teacher and learner.

Additional Learning Resources

What certifications would you recommend? Which are you excited to explore? Please share your thoughts in the comments below. 

Visit the blog tomorrow for something new or follow along in this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts