Exploring Digital Escape Rooms - Using Content to Engage Students in Problem Solving and Critical Thinking

Refresh and renew. Spring is the time to learn something new!

April 2nd, 2023

If you’ve followed my blog over the last several years, you might remember that I occasionally create challenges for myself to explore, learn, and share what I discover. Last December, I challenged myself to explore 24 Days of Teaching and Learning Resources

Each day I will explore new teaching and learning resources and share one of my topic takeaways for the day. Hopefully, I won't let you or myself down!

Today, I wanted to share something I discovered from Karly Moura while exploring my Twitter stream. The topic today is using digital escape rooms to engage students in content as they collaborate and practice problem-solving skills.


Karly defines "virtual escape rooms" as, "a type of online game where players are placed in a virtual setting, typically a digital version of a physical escape room, and must solve puzzles and riddles to escape the room or complete a specific task." (Source)

I've explored virtual escape rooms before, but Karly is way ahead of me. She has even created an amazing site that is worth exploring!

VirtualEscapeRooms.org

The site is amazing!

Additional Virtual Breakout Room Resources

I am going to continue exploring breakout rooms and create one for my students connected to climate and climate change. Stay tuned, I'm sure I will share when it is done.

Visit the blog tomorrow for something new, or follow along in this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts