Exploring the GotTechED Podcast - 23 Websites that Teachers Should Know About

Spring is a great time to learn & explore something new!
April 28th, 2023

If you’ve followed my blog over the last several years, you might remember that I occasionally create challenges for myself to explore, learn, and share what I discover. Last December, I challenged myself to explore 24 Days of Teaching and Learning Resources.

My challenge for April is to explore something new each day and share what I discover. Hopefully, I won't let you or myself down! (April Challenge Update Doc) 

I am exploring the TeachBetter Podcast Network

The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom.

This is an amazing collection of podcasts. Today I wanted to share some of the amazing websites for teachers shared by Eric and Nick in Episode 136 of the GotTechED Podcast

The podcast highlights 23 websites. There are quite a few I've never explored and I wanted to share 3 that I explored in depth. I also plan to take some additional time to explore additional sites and the AI resources they are exploring.

The Pessimists Archive
Pessimists Archive™ is a project to educate people on and archive the history of technophobia and moral panics. We believe the best antidote to fear of the new is looking back at the fear of the old.

Only by looking back at fears of old things when they were new, can we have rational constructive debates about emerging technologies today that avoid the pitfalls of moral panic and incumbent protectionism.

 At first glance, I almost clicked off the site. I wasn't sure what I was looking at, but after a few minutes of exploration, I discovered that it is a pretty amazing site. Users can click on the timeline and get a brief summary of how something was received by the public at the time. Most of the posts include historic newspaper clippings. 

I would also recommend clicking on "Read Latest" to a newsletter style of the site. 

It is amazing how humans have reacted to "new" stuff that today is just part of our daily lives. This site could be a great place to prompt discussions and get students to asking questions. 

Radioooo - The Musical Time Machine

Explore music around the world from 1900 to the present day.

I think this could be a great site to get students to explore music and culture around the world. I will be using this as an enhancement when we explore environmental issues in different parts of the world.  

Education Blueprint

Who do you trust more than other educators for effective classroom ideas?

Education Blueprint is an interactive platform where teachers like you can find, share, and rate resources that help make for better and more equitable learning experiences.

If you know me you know I love sharing ideas and resources connected to teaching and learning. Education Blueprint may be one of the best sites I've explored for this very purpose. I will be exploring and sharing here now and in the future! 

Honorable Mentions

Visit the blog tomorrow for something new or follow along in this document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts